The With and For Girls Award, launched earlier this year, has had an amazing response with over 83 inspiring applications, facilitated by our referral partners.
The 47 shortlisted organisations from 31 countries are now approaching the final stage of the process where a panel of four girls and two expert adults will select the winning organisations. The decisions will be based on an audio visual submission and an interview via Skype.
This week marks the start of the girl panels, with five panels taking place around the world in Mumbai, London, Mexico City, Dar es Salaam and Cairo.
The inclusion of girls on the panel is in line with the Collective's core belief of girl participation. At the end of the judging process, the girl panellists will also feed into the branding process, allowing girls from hard to reach communities to voice their views at a strategic level and help shape the future of the programme.
The final award recipients will be judged on how they create a supportive and empowering environment for girls, including:
• Where they are able to exercise their rights.
• Where they feel valued and included.
• Where they are safe from violence and harm.
• Where they have opportunities to grow, learn and contribute.
• Where they can make decisions about their lives.
• Where they have a web of friends and adult mentors to encourage and help them.
• Where men, boys and adult women help fight against discrimination.
In total up to 20 awards will be made, with each panel selecting up to two larger and two smaller organisations from each region.
Stay tuned for more exciting news on the girl panel stage of the process!